Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lose it to find it



I have not written anything creative or poetic in a very long time but today as I sat quietly- just me & Jesus- I wrote out my thoughts and prayers and this came out. I didn't intend to write a poem at all- quite spontaneous I must say.





The wind is high, the branches are low
Another one passes by
Well didn't you know- there go mine. There go mine
The stems are bent, the skies they vent
It all whirls up, it all whirls in till it dies-
Yes that is where it hides.
But you say- unless it falls to the floor
Unless I lose my grip
Unless it dries up dead
It will never bear life
Lord help me to let it go-
Help me to take on death right now-
Let me see beyond this seed
To bear your witness crown.
May I bear your witness crown.
-Janine Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment