Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bride


Bride (also written sometime in 1998)


Under my breath I continue reminding sentiments of those binding covenants. I say allowed and pray what was vowed, "...in sickness and in health" I form with quickness and stealth of my lips.

Flashbacks return and I relearn more and find in the store of my mind the love that will consume and burn. I even recall all that was worn that day. I see pieces of my tunic was torn away from the times I would mourn to play in those choking weeds. Those times I would sway away and your horn would say to call me back. That was before the era when I was a meager kid eager to rid all that can overpower, in hope I might hove a shower of my own godliness to will my own will.
How foolish I was to be chaff in the wind. And how blessed it is that now I can revealingly laugh with a friend of the days I was unkin to my Father.

I still recall more that I wore, there was also those times when I would struggle with my strength to make treasures out of hurting dirt. That is when I wore the mud on my glove with ratted up hair, but all you wore was the atoning blood of love with care.
You stood bare on our wedding day.
I even recall the dowry you had to pay. It was the strife of my life. You justified all the rotten I won and have done with Your only begotten Son.The words that you sing when you slipped on the ring made all my sin be exiled and banished, as you pronounced, "it is finished". I was cleaned that day when you washed the silt on my feet away. And now I humbly sit by Your side as your beloved bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment